5 ACTIVE USERS:
What Is This Site?5892 days ago
Freememes.com is a weblog. It's a personal diary on the web. Weblogs are often-updated sites that point to articles elsewhere on the web, often with comments, and to on-site articles. A weblog is kind of a continual tour, with a human guide who you get to know. Example: A developer links and comments interesting websites, articles etc. he notices during his daily surfing. Hence the name: Web-log, chronic of the web, a personal, openly accesible readers digest. There are many guides to choose from, each develops an audience, and there's also comraderie and politics between the people who run weblogs, they point to each other, in all kinds of structures, graphs, loops. Search
Google for more and better explanations.Why do you write a weblog?
Mainly because of three things.
- I want to share my thoughts with others and therefore communicate.
- A simple explanation for the term 'Memes' is 'Thoughts'. I write them down and connect them, so i can find them later or get a bigger picture over the time. It's also a little bit about bookmarks.
- Improve writing and english skills.
Frequently asked questions
- On the top you see a grey area, where you can log in and register. When you're logged in, you can contribute and post comments. To log in you must register once which is quick and easy. No information goes to any third party. Once you're logged, there is also a 'prefs' link where you can change you're preferences.
- On the Left side there's a navigation bar.
- Menu: 'Homepage' will take you to the frontpage of www.freememes.com.
- The Wiki takes you to a index of all the infromation stored in Freememes.
- Search: Enter a search term in the box, click 'GO!' and the results will be displayed on the right side.
- Context: Information whithin the site can be linked. If this is the case, you see a link back to the infromation connected to the content you watch right now. Example: I write about an artist and that he/she releases records under a certain label. When you read about the label, there's a link to that artist (see Compost records for example).
- Active Users: If a user is logged in, this will be displayed here.
- Contact: You can always contact me by email or phone (not really always by phone).
- On the right side of the page the 'content' itself will be displayed.
- Who created that site?
- Chris Langreiter (maintains a great weblog at www.langreiter.com) created the Vanilla tool, which is the foundation of freememes.com, the design and some customization is done by myself.
- What is the meaning of life?
- 42, eat more vegetables and be nice to your neighbours. There isn't any, stop making sense.
- Where can i get my own weblog?
- Lots of places: If you want it based on Vanilla, you can either get and install your own copy of Vanilla or wait a little bit, a Vanilla hosting solution is currently under development. You can also try www.twoday.net or search the net to find countless tools that help you to start your own weblog.
- Are there any requirements or guidelines when, what or whatsoever i should post?
- Some days seem to be missing. Am i doing something wrong or are you just lazy?
- I log whatever and whenever i want (i'm free to do..., laaalalalala), so, uhm, that's it.
If you have more question just mail me. Enjoy!